4 Reasons why the factory chooses solvent-based epoxy paint Keraseal Ado20 to protect concrete floor
Facing with a lot of new paint companies on the market, APT Vietnam’s KERASEAL ADO20 has always popular over the years and received a lot of positive feedback from customers. So why is solvent-based epoxy paint KERASEAL ADO20 so popular? Construction process of this product should pay attention to what? Let APT with you to find out in the article below!
What is KERASEAL ADO20 paint?
KERASEAL ADO20 is a solvent-based 2-component epoxy floor coating system, seamless surfaces and general chemical resistance.
4 reasons for KERASEAL ADO20 was chosen
- Good abrasion resistance: With abrasion resistance up to 0.65mg/cm2, KERASEAL ADO20 is often used for food, beverage, mechanical factories, hospital, clean areas, electronic component manufacturer… places that are prone to the abrasion of falling chemicals, gravity of materials and types of carts.
- Beautiful glossy surface: KERASEAL ADO20 solvent-based epoxy paint with solid content of 80%, solvent content of 20%. So with the effects of solvent in the paint component, they bring shiny, sharp concrete with lots of beautiful colors.
- Easy to clean and highly hygiene: The smooth, glossy floor surface is a shield of dirt and grease that bacteria cannot penetrate.
- High economic efficiency: With solvent-based 2-layer floor cover system, KERASEAL ADO20 is durable. Average life of paint from 3-4 years. In addition, construction steps do not require high technical level as other paint lines. This helps the factory saves a considerable amount of money for repairing after construction.
Application process of KERASEAL ADO20 and notes
KERASEAL ADO20 solvent-based epoxy paint has a simple construction process. Including 6 steps:
Step 1: Prepare the surface of concrete floor
- Conditions of concrete floor to use KERASEAL ADO20 are smooth surface, moisture less than 6%. The constructor should carry out the humidity measurement for the concrete floor. Specially, avoid construction when it rains, the weather is humid, with high humidity.
- The, use the machine to smooth the concrete floor and use a vacuum to clean the dirt left on the floor.
Step 2: Apply primer
- Primer product used before application of KERASEAL ADO20 is KERASEAL PS60. This is a solvent-based epoxy primer. They will increase the adhesion between concrete and subsequent coatings. Therefore, the construction must do this step before applying the coating.
- The primer layer is rolled as thin as possible. Consumption norm is from 0.1 to 0.2 kg / 1m2. After at least 1 day, primer dried, the constructor can walk gently and patch the surface.
Step 3: Surface patching
The product used for surface patching is KERACRETE NS50. This is a two component non-shrink epoxy adhesive system. An ideal product to be used as a multi-purpose mortar, patch, repairing pitted concrete surface locations. Surface drying time is 3 hours 30 minutes. The average consumption is 1.5kg/m2 constructed with a thickness of 1 mm2.
Step 4: Apply the first KERASEAL ADO20 epoxy paint layer
Because this is a coating paint line, the construction needs to use a short-haired roller. Consumption for a coating with a standard surface is 75 μm: 0.10kg / m2.
Step 5: The second patch surface and sanding
The second patching is an essential step, to remove the pores left behind on the surface after applying the primer. The constructor needs to use a sanding machine to create the adhesion of the final coat.
Step 6: Apply the second KERASEAL ADO 20 epoxy paint layer
The minimum time to apply next layer is 12 hours. The maximum time to apply next layer is 72 hours. So after the first coating, concrete floors need at least 1 day to dry and apply the 2nd coat. After 72 hours of construction, concrete floors can be put to use.
With more than 10 years of experience in manufacturing and distributing industrial floor paint, APT Vietnam believes that customers will be assured of the quality of construction when using KERASEAL ADO20. For advice and order, investors, contractors immediately contact phone number: 0904 339 299!